Saturday, April 26, 2008

Good thing we're moving cause this guy looked pretty comfortable in our BACKYARD!

I would love it if someone could identify this snake. He was small but a snake nonetheless. That's his creepy head sitting on top of the coils.

We're roughing it this weekend without Daddy. Ben flew yesterday to Corpus Christi, TX (five hour drive from College Station where we'll be living) for two things. One, to be approved by Presbytery and two, to preach at the church there. Weather permitting he'll be home tomorrow night. Last night, we had a little DVD -induced coma ride up the trace to Hancock fabrics and this morning we went to the gym. And tonight, we went to Providence Pres. for a catfish dinner in support of their upcoming New Mexico mission trip. Mom and Dad and Daniel were a big help and Hannah loved playing with her friend Fletcher Cheezum who will be moving to Illinois about the same time we go.

I've got this weird feeling like there's something I haven't written down on the "List of things to DO before we move". I'm certainly not used to the idea that we'll have movers. I feel an instinct to slam on the brakes when i pass empty boxes on the roadside. But I have to remind myself that the movers are bringing their own boxes, packing materials and providing the labor! I must say the whole idea has prevented alot of stress for me and I'm so thankful.

In the meantime, we're working out housing details in TX, making last appointments for haircut, dentist etc., explaining and reexplaining what it will be like for Hannah when we move and asking ourselves questions like, "what does walking in faith in Jesus look like for me today?" For me I think it means living my days now thankful for so many things: improved health (I might blog about that sometime soon), healthy kids, 7 great years in the Jackson Metro with friends and family. Also, I think it means giving these small anxieties to my friend and Savior...such as, "when are we gonna have time to fix etc.." and "what are our kids gonna do for 8 hours in the car?".

We're less than a month away!

1 comment:

Dabney 11 said...

Wade said Ben did a great job in Corpus Christi. We are anticipating your arrival and if I can help in any way with babysitting while you unpack, etc., I'm willing. I love you and I am praying for the transition.
Marian :)

 

yasmin lawsuit