Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Unexpected Joy



We woke up this morning about 7 and just happened to look outside AND SAW SNOW!!! In College Station, TX of all places! I got Hannah up quickly and she of course was awed and then begging to go outside so i gave her a christmas present early...frog boots! We rubberbanded plastic grocery bags over her pitifully thin cloth gloves and off she went to play while I got Nathan bundled up.
This is what we call snow, be it MS or TX.
And we were very proud of our first snow man of the day....of course i was assuming that would be the only one as well... but i was wrong!!
Then...
It REALLY SNOWED!!! We were ankle deep tonight so I guess that's several inches for whoever's counting.

Ta-Da!
Why not EAT the snowman?
That's one proud little girl.
THE one horse open sleigh--we sleighed down the street, singing to all the neighbors, while we checked out a huge snow monkey that someone made. Really cool. Wish i could have gotten that picture.
"Momma! Look! I have a beard just like santa claus!! (giggles)"

4 comments:

The Bond Family said...

What a fun day for the kids!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Christi said...

I'm so glad the kids had a good time. We LOVED it! Bags on the hands...smart! Why didn't I think of that? Oh yeah, I'm a native Texan and don't know what to do with snow. ;-) And "joy" is the perfect word for it!

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Great pictures! I love those joyful smiles!

Dabney 11 said...

Great post Beth! Hannah & Nathan are adorable!

 

yasmin lawsuit