Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A closer look

Since Ike, our days have been consumed with catching up with ourselves. We discover again and again that life never stops...the stomach bug hit(I caught it week 3), then a hurricane and it's suddenly week 5 of school. I got to attend RUF for the first time last week and it was a joy. I look forward to going again tomorrow night. We hosted a freshman dinner here last night and that went really well. Our kids think anytime the students come over, that they're there to play with them, and they do play with them and we get in a visit too. Ben loves his job and we're both so glad for Katy's help.

The kids are both loving their new friends at church and "school". I took Hannah this past week to a shower for a couple who will be adopting two boys. She had lots of questions about the babies and mainly wanted to know when the couple was getting married. I explained multiple times that they were already married, but God was giving them two children in a few weeks. "But I want to SEE them get married " she kept saying. It's fun when the "light" finally comes on for so many of my repeated explanations. She is enjoying several favorite books, Lego blocks and she loves music. She comes home from "school" talking about all of her interactions with her teachers and new friends. She is the most social creature, waking in the morning, "where are we going today?" or "who's coming today?" or "where are we going tomorrow?" and it's not even noon yet! These are all wonderful opportunities to continue teaching her so I'm grateful she is learning so much. She has questions almost daily about God and makes up songs about God, no two songs alike. :)

We were invited to a birthday party this past week and the kids had so much fun with the cupcakes, goodie bags, etc. The kids got to take a baseball bat to a huge football full of candy-my spell check is flipping out when i try to write the Spanish word for it so i just gave up.
Nathan was especially funny when it was Hannah's turn, running up to her, almost in reach of getting whacked, yelling, "YAY, HANNAH!! YAY! HANNAH, YAY!, etc" Ben and I were laughing so hard, we were slow to react to pull him away from the path of the plastic bat. He didn't get hit, thankfully.

Health wise, I'm doing well. After the bug, I struggled to feel "normal" for about a week. I have my energy back even though the thyroid doc adjusted my meds slightly again this week. I've had a few more headaches than normal so he thinks this second adjustment should help. I feel like a walking experiment but I'm able to take care of my family and for that I'm eternally grateful!! And I'm grateful that I was able to get in touch with the doc---He's in Houston.

We're thankful tonight that Ben was able to fix Katy's car, which died at our house tonight. The kids are sleeping and we're praying for God's blessing on another sure-to-be-busy day tomorrow, which will start early if Nathan Hailey has anything to do with it. :)

3 comments:

Kierstyn said...

Where did September go?! Can you even believe it's almost over?

I'm so glad you guys are back to normal. Looking forward to spending normal time with you!

ninepoundhammer said...

I love the picture at the top of the post--very cute.

The Bond Family said...

Enjoyed reading your update...sounds like the Haileys are really adjusting to life in Texas! We're so happy for y'all and continue to pray for God's blessing on your ministry!

Harris and Laura Beth

P.S. Love the photo - that's awesome!!

 

yasmin lawsuit