Sunday, August 10, 2008

Nathan

Nathan is an absolute joy at bedtime. He is so enthusiastic about his books. His favorites in order are:
1. Curious George and the Bunny
2. Brown Bear, Brown Bear
3. Goodnight Moon.

I try to keep bedtime prayers simple.

Me: "Dear Jesus, Thank you for Daddy..."

Nathan: "Daddy" (all grins, with hands clasped and bright blue eyes)

Me: "...Mommy and Hannah."

Nathan: (at the same time) "mommy, HANnah"

Me: "amen"

Nathan: "meh" (still grinning)

Enough to melt my heart over and over again. I don't even care about the offending crayon all over my walls.

In the morning, he'll be the FIRST one up wanting to be dressed COMPLETELY, yelling "Shirt! Shirt! Shirt!" and "Shoes! Shoes! Shoes!" until he is all ready to "Go, Go, GOOOOO!!" at 6:15 in the morning.

Thank you, Lord, for every day with my sweet children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY! Brown Bear is Isaac's favorite book, too! I just did a post on it. Maybe Nathan and Isaac can get together and read sometime.

 

yasmin lawsuit