Monday, February 4, 2008
Well, seeing that it's been almost four weeks since I last posted, I thought I'd jump back in with a story that ties in with my last post. :) This very morning, my dear adventurous son was "helping" me cook breakfast. I pulled out the FULL carton of free range, organic eggs from the frig and set them on the counter. I turned around to answer a question from Ben and yeah, you know what's coming...looked to see the carton smashed and sloshed all over the floor and on that pillow Nathan had been dragging around this morning. And bless his heart, he was handing the carton, dripping and oozing, back to me!!! "Uh-Oh." he said with big eyes. Oh, they're so cute when they're making trouble! Ben saved the day by swooping in to carry off the eggy little perpetrator but the chaos didn't stop there. I tried to salvage what egg could be rescued from the messy carton and scramble them in a bowl. Right then, about 4 things happened at once. My cell phone alarm started going off, the water for the grits was boiling, Hannah was yelling for help in the bathroom and of course the SALMONELLA was still smeared all over the floor! Horrors! (It doesn't matter how pure and hormone free an egg is, if it's broken and uncooked, I'm automatically assuming it's carrying diseases. ) I thank God for even the messes they make. I really do. Just not always in the moment. Usually it's later. I realize my children are huge blessings in my life. Some people would love to be blessed with the little messes a child makes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're a good mama, friend! I've had mornings like that and it took me a while to have a good attitude about it!
Oh, Beth! That reminds me of this past fall--it was late on a Saturday and we were heading out to Florida as soon as Tuan got the last guests out the gate. The house was clean and sparkling, we were all packed up and ready to go. I put a birthday cake someone had left at our house on the table to drop off at the office on our way out; turned around to get something and next thing ya know--SPLAT! Johnny had turned the cake over off the table and it had covered the floor. Wow . . . It does seem like everything happens at once, sometimes!
Post a Comment