"Diamonds, roses,I need Moses
To cross this sea of loneliness, Part this red river of pain
I don't necessarily buy any key to the future or happiness
But I need a little place in the sun sometimes Or I think I will die"
~P. Griffin
While I think this song is about the heartache of a divorce, the beauty and mystery of good music is that it's not one dimensional. I first heard Patty Griffin's music when I was in college-Ben and I were riding in his new truck one afternoon and he said, "hey, listen to this". And so began my love for the powerful honesty of one voice and one guitar. Her ache defines a piece of me and everybody but whether or not she's found her Moses in Jesus I can't say. Some days my ache is very physical, very present-a migraine. Others...it might be a concern for someone who was in a car wreck, has cancer or lost a baby or can't have one. The list could be longer.
One thing, I'm not much of a writer. I'm just trying to explain why my blog is here. I hate the "think positive thoughts and you're life will be better" philosophy of the world because it's a lie. I live in a fallen world and have a less than perfectly healthy body and things are rapidly going wrong all around me. But i believe I am called to be honest about who I am, what i'm dealing with, and how i'm able to enjoy life "under the sun".
And so launches a tiny little corner on the internet for me to put pictures and thoughts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
All I can say is thank you for that! I love your real-ness! And I'm looking forward to hanging out more soon- Happy Thanksgiving. Tonight, I'm thankful for you =)
I'm looking forward to reading! (And to seeing you on Wednesday.)
Post a Comment